Saturday, December 6, 2008

A trip down memory lane




This morning we went to have breakfast at this neat hotel in Tunkhannock. I got to sit in an antique wooden high chair, and played with some wooden toys, and a wooden Noah's Ark. Much safer than the toys today. Cheaper food too, $15 for breakfast.





Then we went to a museum called Miniature Memories, inside Gertrude Hawk Chocolates in Scranton. I loved the choo-choo trains and the cars, and the miniature town. I didn't want to leave. But mommy bought me a stuffed polar bear. I haven't gotten to stuff myself yet with the candy she bought.




While I was taking a nap after lunch, mommy and daddy went to Towanda, PA, where my great-great-great-great-grandparents Lorin and Electa Shaw are buried. Daddy can't go anywhere without doing some genealogy! Wonder what he is going to do next weekend when we go to Norfolk, VA. Tonight we went to a restaurant called Remington's in Tunkhannock, and they had a talking deer with a Santa's hat! I thought it was cute at first, but then daddy picked me up for a closer look, and I got terrified! Even our waitress coming over and showing how it talked and moved didn't satisfy me. I wanted no part of that talking deer! I kept saying 'reindeer going to bite me'.



No comments: