Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm now legally Robert Joseph!


Mommy and daddy and I went to the Baltimore County Courthouse in Towson today for a court hearing to legally change my name and to get a Maryland certificate of foreign birth. Now my name is really Bobby, and the Maryland birth certificate will make it much easier to sign me up for things like 3-year old soccer next spring.
To clarify, this was a readoption. My adoption was finalized February 27, 2007 in Guatemala when my birth mother Maria signed the final decree. And no, this didn't make me a U.S. Citizen. Going through customs in Houston on April 19th, 2007 made me a U.S. Citizen.
After going to court, we then went to St. Joseph Friary in York, PA. One of the friars that Kevin knew lives there, and gave me some Oreos, and let me play with the rosary on his habit. Mommy and daddy had some wonderful pumpkin cake that the friar's mom had made.
After that we had lunch, and went to Tunkhannock, PA where my daddy's cousin Christine is getting married on Sunday. We went over the river and through the woods, and over the river, and through some more woods, and over the same river again (the Susquehanna) to get there. No, we weren't lost, Interstates 83 and 81 are straighter than the meandering river!

No comments: