Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend in Waldorf






Daddy still needs to get the pictures developed since he forgot our camera, but I wanted to tell you about our Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed in Waldorf Maryland so we could go to Point Lookout State Park, where the Chesapeake Bay and the Potomac River meet. We saw some Navy ships on the horizon, and saw this old lighthouse.

Then we went to Saint Mary's City, where the Ark and the Dove landed. I got to see how the Native Americans and British colonists lived, and an old Jesuit church.

The next day we went to another park, and I got to go fishing! The park ranger showe me, and then reminded daddy how to fish. I told Grandpa Fosko how I went fishing, and he said he'll give me some fishing stuff next time we visit. I was so excited and proud!

Happy Memorial Day to our veterans!

No comments: